03:00 - 06:30
Chapel for Europe
Chapel for Europe
Rue Van Maerlant, 22-24
Brussels, Belgium, 1040
Spirituality for Busy People.
Workshop series @ Chapel for Europe
The aim of our workshop series:
The aim of the workshops is to enable us to live our faith in everyday life. It will focus on aspects of personal, professional and spiritual development and it will include practical exercises. Some tools from Jesuit spirituality (as well as others) will be offered in order to better manage our own lives and to be a better leader of ourselves and of other people.
Second Workshop: How to Make Good Decisions (or the Art of Spiritual Discernment).
Spiritual discernment is the interpretation of what St. Ignatius Loyola called the “motions of the soul.” These interior movements consist of thoughts, emotions, desires, feelings, repulsions and attractions. Spiritual discernment involves becoming sensitive to these movements, reflecting on them, and understanding where they come from and where they will lead us to.
The principles of Consolation and Desolation will be discussed and various Rules for spiritual Discernment will be presented as well as some helpful strategies to use when trying to make good decisions.
Chapel for Europe, rue van Maerlant 22, 2nd floor.
Sunday, 20 January
15:00 sharp Introduction
16:40 Tea/coffee break
17:00 Part II
(the length of both parts can vary according to the topic).
19:00 It will also be possible to attend a Sunday Mass for Young Europeans at 19:00
at the Chapel (celebrated in both English and French)
Other important details:
- Every workshop is independent (you can participate in all workshops or only choose some of them). For all those who follow at least 4 workshops, a certificate of attendance will be delivered.
- The training itself is offered by the Chapel and free of charge. A contribution of 10€ covering the running costs of the Chapel, workshop materials and coffee break is requested.
The workshops will be led by:
- A Jesuit experienced in giving the Spiritual Exercises of St Ignatius of Loyola
- An engineer experienced in coaching both managers and young professionals.
- Will focus on the important links between spiritual and professional life.
- Continuous Improvement senior advisor experienced in process improvement, personal and team efficiency, and leadership development for better performance.
- Will focus on the important links between professional and spiritual life.
Save the date for the other Workshops in our Series:
III) 3 March 2019
How to Discover My Own Spiritual Path (Following Bible Leaders).
- IV) 7 April 2019
How to Find Time for Important Things (Time-management)
- V) 19 Mai 2019
How to Better Manage Our Relationships (Conflict Resolution)